The Smartwatch and wearable market is currently being dominated by Apple and Samsung. While there are many small time brands trying to compete in the same arena, no one has really been able to offer similar usability and style. From a price point however Apple and Samsung’s products are way above the competition and you can see yourself spending well over $250 easy. The Amazfit Pace retails at US$159.99, so it sits nicely between the high-end and low-end market segment.
On first impression the Amazfit Pace looks no different to its more expensive counterparts in terms of features and looks. The distinction between fitness trackers and smartwatch devices share a very thin line and most devices coming out today try to cover both these aspects in some way or the other. The Amazfit Pace is no different in this sense and offers some pretty solid features which are generally reserved to the higher-end market segment. Head over to the next page as we go over the design, build, features and usability of the Amazfit Pace.
Specifications and Key features:
- Display size: 1.34” / 320×300 px
- Type: Always-on transflective color LCD touch screen
- Weight: 1.9 oz / 54.5 g
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Core
- Storage: 4GB Total
- RAM: 512 MB
- Connection: Bluetooth 4.0 / BLE + WiFi
- Battery life: 5 days regular use / 11 days basic use
- Water resistance: IP67, resistant to water and dust
- Heart rate sensor: Optical (PPG)
- GPS + GLONASS
- Sports: Outdoor/Indoor Run, Trail Run, Walk, Outdoor/Indoor Bike, Elliptical, and more.
- Run Tracking: Track your runs and capture distance, time, pace, heart rate, calories, speed, cadence, max/avg moving pace, max/avg moving speed, max/avg cadence, altitude, elevation gain/loss, and min/max altitude.
- Phone-Free Music: Connect wirelessly to Bluetooth earbuds, load up your music to the internal storage, and run phone-free.
- GPS: Track your route and distance with built-in GPS.
- Notifications: Receive notifications for incoming calls, messages, emails, and other apps.
- Heart Rate: Optimize workouts with automatic heart rate monitoring and continuous heart rate tracking.